Freshman Grizzlies lose to Warriors

photo by Katie Hager

Katie Hager, Staff Writer

Tuesday night, February 10th, the boy’s basketball C-team played their final game of the season. Competing against Edmonds Woodway, whom they previously lost to, GP was able to keep it a close game.

At the end of the first quarter the Grizzlies were down by thirteen. Trey Evans and Riley Parker trapped Edmonds Woodway player right before stealing the ball and making a fast break to score two more points for the Grizzlies. Tensions were rising and Coach Bonner was prepared to send players in. Freshman Dawson Crosby, Anthony Collins, and Billy Hager were able to work together up and down the court in order to bring in another seven points right before the half.

The score was 16-28 at the beginning of the third quarter. After a long wait, the team emerged from the locker room ready to finish the game. Near the end of the third, the Grizzlies were down by five. After a quick time out, the boys came back with a play where freshman, Trey Lawrence dropped a three pointer right at the top of the key. The crowd was on their feet cheering.

Throughout the fourth quarter the Grizzlies battled against the Warriors trying to get the lead. The boys played their hearts out until their faces shown bright red, dripping sweat. All the way to the final buzzer the boys gave it their all but came up short with a 43-49 loss. “Considering how we played against Woodway last time, we actually had a really good game and worked really well together this game. It sucks that we lost, but I’m glad we ended the season as a team,” Billy Hager said.