Fresh Meat

Taking a closer look at this years newest player.

Lydia Kippenhan.

Lydia Kippenhan.

Adina Crandall, Staff Writer

Breaking society’s standards is just one of the things Freshman Lydia Kippenhan is doing. She is the only girl on the freshman football team.

“Being the only is really fun and exciting but it can be a bit intimidating sometimes, especially practicing with the boys,” Kippenhan said.

Kippenhan joined the team because of her love to play and watch football. She really enjoys the sport and has a ton of fun playing it. She is currently discovering her position on the team and playing for fun right now.

“It’s more of hobby right now but, I could see making this a real passion in the future,” Kippenhan said.

She likes the boys on the team and the boys like her too.

“She is a great addition to the team and she is very nice,” Black said. He is a running back on the team.

Lydia joined the team a couple months deep into the football season. It took Lydia a lot of courage to try to join. Being on a team with teammates she barely knew, with a team that has already been practicing and playing for months together can be pretty scary.

Dressing up every game day is really fun because it gives her an excuse to wear a fancy outfit to school. In order to play you must have gone and participated in twelve practices. Even though Lydia doesn’t have enough practices to play in real games right now, she comes to practices ready to work and learn.