Win over Warriors

Photo by Alex Fatkin

Megan Roberts, Staff Writer

As the end of the baseball season nears, the Grizzlies played the Edmonds Woodway Warriors on Wednesday, April 29th, and pulled out yet another win. Pitcher, Sam Wyatt, allowed only two hits all game making it tough on the opposing team to keep their spirits up. The Grizzlies didn’t let up after just a few good innings. Sophomores, Colton Bunt and Ryan Ober, both hit RBI’s in the fourth inning to bring the score to 4-1. With their heads held high and their energy through the roof, the Grizzlies continued their momentum. Jacob Lundin went up to bat in the sixth inning with fans cheering him on as he hit an RBI to bring in two runners, making the score 6-2.

“We were all so excited with Jacob’s hit that we got distracted and too wrapped up in the excitement” sophomore, Colton Bunt said.

The crowd was really into the game and cheered on Ian Black as he walked up to the plate in the bottom of the seventh inning. He took a deep breath, glanced at Coach Blair, and then smacked the ball. Unfortunately, his big hit fell just short of the fence but with his adrenaline pumping as he rounded second base, and slid into third safely.

The Grizzlies huddled in the outfield for a post-game talk and walked off the field with smiles. Sam Wyatt was awarded player of the game.