The Perfect Game

photo by Bella Azar

photo by Bella Azar

Samantha Fatkin, Staff Writer

On Friday April 17th, the stands filled with students and parents for a 4:00pm JV baseball game. Ending quickly the grizzlies jumped to a 10-0 lead, 10 running the Lynwood Royals, dismissing the crowd almost a full hour early. “Looking from the outside in, the guys played as a team and it was a huge team win” sophomore McKenzie Willms said.

“One of the best plays was when #24 Ethan Smith laid down a bunt,” sophomore Sydney Lowe said. This bunt was a momentum swing for the team. Once Ethan got on base, it only got better from there. The bases were loaded and Brandon West was up to bat.

Brandon West, the starting pitcher for the grizzlies lead the team not only from the mound, but also from the plate. Throwing a perfect game, West threw 13 strike outs, not allowing one Royal to touch a base the entire game. He struck out 13 out of 15 batters, the other two being ground outs. Adding to such an impeccable performance, west went 3-4 from the plate. His last two hits ending in two homeruns. His first home run was a 3 run shot. Next time West steeped up to the plate he hit a grand slam, ending the game and sealing his perfect game.

Since this game the grizzlies have won their following two games, and are now on a ten game winning streak. The team will try and change that number to eleven as they take on Edmonds-Woodway at 4:00 today. Come out and support!